Jubilee shawl for the centenary of the Patriotic war of 1812. Moscow, 1912.
Jubilee shawl for the centenary of the Patriotic war of 1812. Moscow, 1912.

Contributed by P.Gorelova , the fortress defender.

She got the shawl from her parents, who were workers of Prokhorov Tryokhgorny Textile factory.

Textile, manufacturing. Dimensions: 75 cm × 75 cm.

The handwritten magazine of a war front «Artillery Guards» № 1. June, 1942.
The handwritten magazine of a war front «Artillery Guards» № 1. June, 1942.

The first issue of the monthly magazine «Artillery Guards», containing 33 pages.

From the archives of Grigory Sirota (1918-2011). In June, 1941 he was a quartermaster-technician of the 2nd class, a platoon commanding officer of the 17th howitzer artillery regiment. A participant of battles near Brest. Later he fought at the Bryansk Front, at the Central Front, at the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Byelorussian Fronts. Decorated with orders and medals.

Contributed by his widow Z.Sirotka in 2002.

Cardboard, paper. Dimensions: 28.3 cm × 21.6 cm.

The painting «Battle by the Triple-Arched Gate» by P.Durchin
The painting «Battle by the Triple-Arched Gate» by P.Durchin

P.Durchin (1918-1997), Minsk, 1988.

Canvas, tempera. Dimensions: 96 cm × 130 cm.

Contributed to the museum by the Art Foundation of the BSSR in April, 1990.

The painting «Fidelity to the Banner» by N.Ovchinnikov.
The painting «Fidelity to the Banner» by N.Ovchinnikov.

N.Ovchinnikov (1905-1980), Brest, 1961.

Canvas, oil. Dimensions: 80 cm × 65 cm.

The book «Fortification Manual». The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
The book «Fortification Manual». The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.

Military printing shop (in the building of the General Headquarters).

Compiled by the military engineer V.Yakovlev (Colonel, lecturer of the Saint Petersburg Nikolaevsky Engineering Academy and specialized school) Fortification Manual for Engineering Corps reserve officers training.

Paper, cardboard. Dimensions: 28 cm × 21 cm.

Contributed by the Leningrad Military-Historical Museum of Artillery.

The book «Fortification Manual». The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
The book «Fortification Manual». The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
The book by V.Mayakovsky «Collected works» in 4 volumes. The first volume.
The book by V.Mayakovsky «Collected works» in 4 volumes. The first volume.

Poems, plays. 1912 – 1921. Moscow, 1936.

From a library that was in the fortress before the war.

Contributed by B.Stolyarchuk, an inhabitant of Belozersk in 2011.

The book by V. Mayakovsky «Collected works» in 4 volumes. The first volume.
The book by V. Mayakovsky «Collected works» in 4 volumes. The first volume.
The book by V.Mikhailovich «Stepan Razin», Moscow, 1939.
The book by V.Mikhailovich «Stepan Razin», Moscow, 1939.

From the library of the 31st detached motor battalion, which was located in the fortress before the war.

Contributed by B.Stolyarchuk, an inhabitant of Belozersk in 2011.

The book by V.Mikhailovich «Stepan Razin», Moscow, 1939.
The book by V.Mikhailovich «Stepan Razin», Moscow, 1939.
The book by S.Smirnov «Brest Fortress» with the author's dedication, 1970.
The book by S.Smirnov «Brest Fortress» with the author's dedication, 1970.
The book by S.Smirnov «Brest Fortress» with the author's dedication, 1970.
The book by S.Smirnov «Brest Fortress» with the author's dedication, 1970.
A watch with the inscription «Gavrilov», found in October, 2011, along with the remains of 58 Red Army soldiers.
A watch with the inscription «Gavrilov», found in October, 2011, along with the remains of 58 Red Army soldiers.
A watch with the inscription «Gavrilov», found in October, 2011, along with the remains of 58 Red Army soldiers.
A watch with the inscription «Gavrilov», found in October, 2011, along with the remains of 58 Red Army soldiers.
The identification ebony medallion with the inlying form filled in by A.Taglin, found in October, 2011, along with the remains of 58 Red Army soldiers.
The identification ebony medallion with the inlying form filled in by A.Taglin, found in October, 2011, along with the remains of 58 Red Army soldiers.

Items from an excavation collection.

The identification ebony medallion with the inlying form filled in by S.Zinchenko, found in October, 2011, along with the remains of 58 Red Army soldiers.
The identification ebony medallion with the inlying form filled in by S.Zinchenko, found in October, 2011, along with the remains of 58 Red Army soldiers.
A coin in the 5-kopecks denomination. The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
A coin in the 5-kopecks denomination. The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.

1860, copper, coinage. Dimensions: d = 3.5 cm.

In 2001, was acquired from the Brest Regional Local History Museum (the collection, contributed by the Brest Customs Office).

A coin in the 5-kopecks denomination. The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
A coin in the 5-kopecks denomination. The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
A coin in the 15-kopecks denomination. The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
A coin in the 15-kopecks denomination. The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.

1901, silver, coinage. Dimensions: d = 2 cm.

In 2001, was acquired from the Brest Regional Local History Museum (the collection, contributed by the Brest Customs Office).

A coin in the 15-kopecks denomination. The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
A coin in the 15-kopecks denomination. The Russian Empire, St. Petersburg.
Coins of various denominations. The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, 1930s.
Coins of various denominations. The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, 1930s.

Found in October 2011, during the excavations in the territory of the church of St. Nicholas by the servicemen of the 52nd special searching battalion of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Belarus.

A pierce of melted lead, bullets, cartridge cases, found in the site of the 84th rifle regiment in the 1970s.
A pierce of melted lead, bullets, cartridge cases, found in the site of the 84th rifle regiment in the 1970s.
Fragments of shells shot by the Wehrmacht self-propelled siege mortar «Karl-Gerät», found in October 2011.
Fragments of shells shot by the Wehrmacht self-propelled siege mortar «Karl-Gerät», found in October 2011.
A 6.35 mm Walther pistol, model 1, 1908, Zella-Mehlis, Germany.
A 6.35 mm Walther pistol, model 1, 1908, Zella-Mehlis, Germany.

Manufactured before 1945 at «Carl Walther GmbH Waffenfabrik».

Contributed by the Interior Ministry of Republic of Belarus in 2002.

A smooth-bore flint-lock pistol. Russia, Sestroretsk Instrument Plant. 1800.
A smooth-bore flint-lock pistol. Russia, Sestroretsk Instrument Plant. 1800.

Acquired from the Leningrad Military-Historical Museum of Artillery in 1957.

A bayonet of the SVT-40 rifle, USSR, 1930s-1940s.
A bayonet of the SVT-40 rifle, USSR, 1930s-1940s.
Music platoon of the 125th rifle regiment. A photo of 1941.
Music platoon of the 125th rifle regiment. A photo of 1941.
Commanding officer of the 33rd detached engineer regiment Major I.Smirnov in the Citadel. 1941.
Commanding officer of the 33rd detached engineer regiment Major I.Smirnov in the Citadel. 1941.

Ivan Smirnov (1900–1975). In 1941, Major, commanding officer of the 33rd detached engineering regiment, a Brest fortress defender, lived in Leningrad.

The writer S.Smirnov among the Brest Fortress defenders M.Ignatyuk, S.Bobrenok, S.Matevosyan during the Citadel sightseeing tour with the young pioneers from Minsk, 1957.
The writer S.Smirnov among the Brest Fortress defenders M.Ignatyuk, S.Bobrenok, S.Matevosyan during the Citadel sightseeing tour with the young pioneers from Minsk, 1957.

Contributed by S.Smirnov’s widow Virginia Genrikhovna in 1983, Moscow.